Tuesday 8 May 2012

Concerned Citizen

Good day,my fellow South Africans.I remember my mother warning me about the drawbacks of social networks,but unfortunately I was too stubborn to listen.Last night I discovered that some haywire hacker hacked into my Twitter account and posted derogatory,racist statements using my name.Upon discovering this,I decided to deactivate both my Twitter and Facebook accounts due to the influx of hate-speech messages I was receiving and mainly because of fear that this sick individual-who is clearly bereft of entertainment-might drag my name further down the mud.

I have gone to the Midrand police stattion to report this unfortunate episode-a report has been drawn up (of which I received a report number for);I have also gone to my network service provider to find out if the hacker can be traced;I have also made a trip to UNISA to report the incident because of fear that it might affect my examination proceedings,as I am due to write my exams in just a couple of weeks-they promised to look into the matter.

I would like to urge all my fellow compatriots-who have not yet been introduced to this nasty cyber world-to think twice when signing up for social-network accounts,because you never know who might be looking into hacking your account and destroying your name in the process.

I hope this idiot of a hacker gets caught and that justice is duly served!

1 comment: